With my background of a Quality Assurance Manager in a factory of small appliances, I can say I’ve developed somewhat of an expertise for choosing best products at a very reasonable price.
But before we go any further down that road, let me tell you what you can expect from this review:
- We’ll list all of the product specs
- We’ll go through a selection of positive and negative end user reviews – PROs and CONs
- I’ll give you my final rating on this product and try to figure out if it suits your needs or not
So, let’s begin with product specs:
- Generous 14-cup capacity for maximum size of batches of food
- Wide mouth of the feed tube; no pre-cutting needed
- PowerPrep and Touchpad Dough Control and dough blade for the best dough
- How-to video, spatula and recipe book included
- 10-year warranty(for the motor)
Not too shabby, but let’s see how the end users have to say about this product:
- Best food processor I’ve had, I couldn’t be happier with it.
- The Cuisinart PowerPrep Plus is assists me beautifully. Large enough to handle all the food I need in one batch.
- I started cooking practically on a daily basis after I got this Cuisinart because it’s so easy to use and even easier to clean.
- This was my first food processor, so the video that came with it really demystified the machine and gave me great cooking tips. And I thought I didn’t have it in me to cook nice meals…
- All the parts of this food processor fit just right in my dishwasher, so cleaning is a breeze.
- I really do not know how I ever lasted so long without it..
- My husband and I have one word to describe this model.. wow.. It eliminated all of my frustrations that I had with our previous food processor..
- This is my third food processor and a wonderful accomplice in my cooking ventures.. So far the best one I’ve owned.
- What a solid and useful appliance. I’ve had it for about 10 years, and I have no complaints so far..
- I hesitated a bit at first because of the price, but in the end I went ahead and splurged.. Boy, am I glad I did. It doesn’t take up much space because all of the parts pack nicely into the bowl, and I can put them all into my dishwasher.
- I especially like how the feed tub pusher inserts, and you don’t need to twist it, what a great new method.
- Performs beautifully on large grating and chopping jobs, even on extra hard cheese and nuts..
- I like the safety interlock feature, it really means a lot when you have a house full of children…
- The large feeding tube is great for whole potatoes and big chunks of cheese I need to get grated. So far it worked wonders on everything from nuts, herbs, seeds, vegetables..
- This Cuisinart is a workhorse; I use it every night of the week and it doesn’t overheat.
- Large capacity, heavy duty blades, lots of power.. I’m a working mom so not having to make more than one batch of anything for my family really saves a lot of time.
- It’s so easy to use, and it doesn’t move around the counter when on like my previous food processor did. It’s also very easy to store and clean. Powerful and user-friendly, everything I needed…
- buy at amazon
Enough with all the praises, let’s see what complaints have the end users had so far:
- All the safety features can sometimes be a drag.. You actually need to remove the feeder when you want to open the top…
- After only a few years of use my bowl cracked and finding a replacement has been a pain in my…
- I wish it was shipped with some kind of blade holders or a separate container just for them…
- After already buying this model, I’ve realized it doesn’t have the 3×3 mm julienne disc that I wanted…
Review resume and Overall Quality Rating:
So, this is a really big and powerful food processor, no doubt about that. It is ideal for a large household or throwing big parties, or just simple everyday food preparation.
My Quality Assurance Manager sense didn’t “tingle” at any point of time, and I really tried to find a major flaw to this product.
The only thing that caught my eye was the fact that it doesn’t come with a separate blade holder, and a company that invests so much in safety features like Cuisinart does should know better.