You certainly don’t want to miss out on anything, and you don’t want to be tricked into buying something that you don’t really need, either.
But I’m here to help you.
I used to work as a Quality Assurance Manager in a factory of small appliances for little over 10 years, and I can really tell what product is worth your time and money, and which is simply a piece of cheap plastic and scrap metal put together.
Before we continue, let us take a look at the structure of this review:
- We’ll list all of the product specifications
- Then we’ll take a better look at the PROs and CONs – from the perspective of the end user
- In conclusion, we’ll give this product our final grade and see if you get your money’s worth by buying this product
Let’s begin with the specifications of this food processor:
- 720-watt powerful motor
- Lexan bowl of generous 14-cup capacity; separate on and off/pulse buttons
- Stainless-steel dough blade, slicing and shredding disc, chopping blade
- Dishwasher-safe parts; the feed tube is extra wide
- Spatula, instruction and recipe book and a video How-to included
- Built to fits Electrical Standards of North America
Now for the positive end user reviews:
- For such a powerful motor, you can barely notice it’s on. That’s really great because we have a baby in our home and wouldn’t like to be able to use this processor only when she’s up.
- Definitely the smartest investment I’ve made in a while.. It works great even on more difficult food like cheese, nuts, herbs..
- This is the best food processor I’ve had so far. It’s easy to assemble and take apart and makes chopping a breeze.
- So far I’ve used it for bread, meatballs, slicing and chopping carrots, brownies, cookies strawberries, potatoes, cucumbers, making breadcrumbs, pesto, hummus, salsa.. You name it! It did a great job and gave me consistent results each and every time.
- I’ve been married for 15 years now, and I wish I got it for our first anniversary.. It would’ve saved me hours of time and trouble over the course of thousands of dinners I’ve prepared so far..
- It saves me so much time and money because now I shred my own cheese and bring my own lunch to work. The cleaning part is a breeze too.
- It’s so simple and easy to use, and it does a great job. The cleaning and storing part, along with the food processing, rarely take over 5 minutes. I couldn’t be happier with this product.
- For us first-time food processor users, the how-to DVD and a booklet of recipes was greatly appreciated. It looked much more complicated than it actually is.
- I will never ever make a pie crust, bread, cookie dough or pizza dough without it. The dough has such a perfect consistency, and my kitchen is mess-free. I really do not know how I lived in the pre-Cuisinart era..
- I’m a chef, so I’m pretty fast with a knife, and a food processor at home doesn’t make much of a difference to me, but I use this model at work, and it’s such a life-saver. Sometimes I even give in and use it for food preparation when I’m tired.
- I really like the safety lock mechanism. It’s really easy to close the bowl shut and open it again once it’s done. It also doesn’t bounce or dance around the kitchen counter when on, which is obviously a plus.
- I’m really pleased with this purchase. It did everything it promised it would on the box, and even exceeded my expectations when it comes to grating hard cheese. Such a powerful machine and the blades are razor-sharp too.
- Get a good deal at Amazon
Now for the negative end user reviews:
- I needed this product for a job I had to do like yesterday, and I needed a work bowl of exactly 14-cup capacity. I didn’t take in the fact that most of these have a maximum that is lesser than their bowl capacity. No time to return it, I’ll have to make two batches..
- Mine arrived with a chip on the work bowl. I contacted Cuisinart, and they sent me a replacement, and it both looks and works great now.
- The lid of the work bowl broke just before the warranty expired, and it took the customer service 5 days to send me a new one.
- The food processor won’t start if the bowl is not in the exactly right position..
Now for my final grade of this food processor:
Now the only thing that remains for me to do is to use all of my knowledge and experience as an ex Quality Assurance Manager and summarize my impressions of this product.
Firstly, it is really well-made and high-quality product, especially at such an affordable price.
The only thing you should figure out on your own are the logistics of use the locking mechanism of the bowl, that was made in such a way for safety purposes, but good folks from Cuisinart should always have in mind the best interest and comfort of end users.
It’s still a solid investment into your culinary future.
- It has everything you need to prepare dinner, lunch, breakfast, snacks.
- - No major complaints -