For reference, here’s how the review was made:
- I collect and read 100s, sometimes 1000s of reviews on a number of appliances
- I use my expertise of an Ex Quality Assurance Manager in the industry to rate the appliance (one rating for each relevant review)
- I do this in five most relevant categories: Materials, Price, Diversity, Durability and Design
- I use the average rating in each of the categories to get to the final Overall Quality Rating
- To make sure the data presented are fresh and up to date – I rinse and repeat the process with any new review bi-monthly
It’s tedious work, but the result is well worth it. Over the years of reviewing kitchen products, I’ve tweaked and improved the method, and I believe it to be most reliable method to rate an appliance – simply because it relies on real-life experiences.
Without further ado, let me get to the list of our winners and then, we’ll take a closer look at each of them in more depth.
Moving on to look at each of these blenders in more depth in digest reviews.
Here’s what we’ll do in each of these reviews:
- Take a look at the specifications as supplied by the company
- Present the most relevant positive points made in the customer reviews – PROs
- Present the relevant negatives as per the customers – CONs
Ninja Blender Professional XL model NJ600 BL610 NJ600wm
also referred to as Ninja Blender Professional XL size with Pulse model NJ600 BL610 NJ600wm 72 oz. 1000 watt
A good deal for Ninja Blender is available on Amazon today >>>
Features of Ninja Blender Model NJ600
- Excellence Performance Power with 1000 w power
- 120 volts, 60 Hz
- Speeds – 3 Speeds + Pulse, crushing ice, fruits or vegetables in just few seconds!
- Work Top Blander Type with pulse features
- Blender Pitcher Capacity – the XL Pitcher of 72 oz. (9 cups)
- Weighs about the size: 8 x 7 x 17 inches, 7.2 pounds item weight
- Dimensions: Height – 16.2 in. ; Width – 10.9 in. ; Depth – 9.3 in.
- Blade Technology – Total Crushing provides more power to blades that crush ice, vegetables and fruits instantly
- Product warranty: 90-day warranty
- Due to its BPA free parts, the Ninja NJ600 3 speed blender is made for an easy organization
- Fast, safe and easy setup that goes perfectly well in the dishwasher
- The whole package include: motor base (1000 w), Blender Pitcher 72 oz., Pitcher lid, Crusing Blades, Quick Start Manual, Inspiration Guide.
PROs in customer reviews of Ninja Blender
Here are some positive things that the consumers had to say about the Ninja Blender Professional XL:
- Strong and reliable blender. It is a powerhouse which never yet failed me in my desire mixing various ingredients, ice, fruits and vegetables. It won’t turn on if the lid isn’t on right which I love!
- The 72 Ounce Pitcher with Pour Spout make more smoothie than a family can consume.
- It’s a well-made blender, large enough to hold al most anything, powerful enough to crush ice cubes, with the three double ninja blades so that every level gets blended.
- It works great! Cannot afford a Vitamin Blender, but not sure how it could work that much better than Ninja. This really gets the job done. I have had no problems with it blending anything I have wanted to thrown in it for smoothies!
- Great Power, blends very quickly
- Removable blade means shakes won’t get hot and melt
- Large container
- Safety lock is not obtrusive
CONs about Ninja Blender
- Components, hard to clean.
- Blade tower needs to be handle with care because of the sharp blades
- Dangerous machine. Blade will come apart and brake the container
- It is a bit noisy, but that is expected of a motor that it houses.
- It may have issues with blending completely smooth. The constancy could be grainy. Leaving it running for 3 minutes, there still can be left pieces in the smoothies
Ninja Blender is a great investment! It is loud, but I guess it has to be loud to be so powerful. Ninja Blender is also simple to use and to clean. Lightweight and well built; Ninja Blender is called “Professional Blender” for a reason. It may not be a small blender that can fit easily under a counter; however, if you want to blend larger amounts of things, this IS the best choice.
Vitamix 5200 Series Blender
- powerful motor (2 horsepower)
- electrical standards – 120 V – 60 HHZ – 11.5 amps
- Unique design of the motor (lowered friction) is designed to last a lifetime
- Safety cord 19 x 6 ” (hideaway feature, 3 prong plugging, grounded)
- Special design of the accelerator tool featuring a collar that prevents the tool from hitting the blades – this allows for easy mixing and blending of the thickest of mixtures
- 5 color choices
- size: 13x17x13 “
- weight 15 pounds (shipping weight)
The PROs as per the customer reports:
- it’s worth every penny, and I can safely say after years of use, it really seems like it’ll last a lifetime…
- does everything it says on the box…
- doubled the amount of fruits and veggies I consume since I got this blender…
- so simple to use and very easy to clean, which was a huge drag with my old food processor…
- huge time saver, does a great job even with juicing stuff…
- I think this is my 6th or 7th blender, I was always trying to save by getting the cheaper ones…getting the Vitamix means one thing less to think about, this thing is built to last…
- best smoothie blender I ever had…
- heavy duty machine, well worth the money…
- It’s been 3 years since I got it and I am still loving it, works just as well as the day it arrived…
- I have two old blenders in my closet collecting dust, they kind of work but the results and the smoothness are nowhere near as good as in this one…
- I’m using it for everything, from nut-butters, soups, smoothies, ice creams…hasn’t failed me with any of these…
- Does a great job at straining the pulp. I use the pulp to dehydrate it and include some in my baking, it gives a unique edge to my cookies…
The CONs as per the users:
- I thought this comes with a glass container, I’m returning it…
- after a while of using it I don’t really see it being any better than my old cheaper blender, I kind of have a feeling I paid for a brand name…
- too noisy…
- It was developing some sort of an oily burning smell for weeks…
The review resume
Rating method aside, over the years of writing these reviews I developed a pretty good feel about negatives that are deal breakers. I honestly didn’t see enough of these when researching this Vitamix to raise any red flags.
Most the negative reviews I’ve seen are either a matter of taste, temporary issues (like the oily smell some users report) or speculations about whether it really is BPA free.
Being in the industry for years, I know that Vitamix is a serious company that would not play around with false advertising about such a serious matter like their products being BPA-free.
I know about the competitor tactics of registering on certain websites just to trash their competitors. But, it passed all the relevant health-related tests, and that’s all that matters.
Dash Chef Series Digital Blender
- Volume of 2 L (8 cups)
- special tamper included for processing frozen fruits
- Revolution Per Minute – RPM of 35.000
- 6-in-1 functions: smoothie, puree, rinse, crush, soup, frozen
- Digital interface but a simple modern design manual functions (presets)
- 4 color choices
The positive consumer reviews – PROs:
- This one is a real eye candy, I get comments from almost anybody that walks into my kitchen…
- smooth and even results with everything I tried making so far, I am still to try making a hot soup…
- beauty and amazing powered combined…
- so happy I did a bit more research before paying big bucks for a blender, the motor in this one is just as powerful as in models that cost 2 or 3 times as much…
- best deal you could possibly get in a blender, amazing quality/price ratio…
- amazed how quiet it is for the power…
- with this design and reliability, I see this becoming a classic…
- turned my oatmeal into a powder…
- mine died within 2 weeks, I am sending it back for a replacement…such a shame, it looks great and I soooo wanted to love it…
My review resume
Seems like a real deal. I never include products on my lists unless I have a big enough of a sample of reviews to get an impression. When I do, it’s all about statistics and a spice of my expertise.
What this means…
With every product, there will be cases of negative reports but as time goes by and as the sample of reviews increases, all this levels up and the rating system I have in place becomes more reliable.
With an Overall Quality Rating of 4.6 out 5, this is a great budget solution and offers a great bang for your buck.
Oster BVCB07-Z Counterforms 6-Cup Glass Jar 7-Speed Blender
- this Oster is a great personal blender, I am a chef and use a high end commercial food processor at the restaurant…amazed that this works this well at that this price point…
- this is my 4th blender and this one has the best quality/price ratio I have seen…don’t know how long it will last, but so far so good…
- I am a fan of the brand, so I guess I am a bit biased. Before this I had the Oster Beehive blender, and it worked great for years before it died on me, but it was so good for smoothies that I decided to go with Oster again…
- very easy to clean, which is huge plus in my book…
- it does a great job even with crushing ice…
- I have an Oster blender bought in the 60s that still works…why would I pay big bucks if I can get something like this for the price of a lunch…
- perfect for smoothies, not good, but perfect…even and free of chunks…
- I think it’s the Fusion Reverse function that makes all the difference, it just throws chunks of food up and them sucks then down to the middle of the bowl, no need to stop the blender an scrape the walls anymore…
- zero problems with this Oster after 3 years of use…
The CONs the users are reporting:
- it died on me after just a few months, I do use a blender multiple times every day, but still…
- mine came with a flaw, the bowl doesn’t seem to fit right to the base, I have to hold it down…
- it’s a noisy little thing…
My review resume
The most budget friendly solution on this list. Having that in mind, I think that not only does it meet the expected, but it over delivers.
Overall Quality Rating of 4.4 out of 5.
Blendtec Total Blender, WildSide Jar
Let me share here – my personal favorite on the list. That fact alone does in no way influence the rating model, since it relies on numbers and statistics.
- commercial quality
- powerful motor (1560W), Horsepower of 3 and a directly driven
- pre-set blending, touch controls, automatically shut off
- BPA free only materials used
- security of fitted venting lids, guide of use and 230 great recipes
- 7 year warranty
- automatically speed-up, down or shut off (6 programmed cycle)
- 15 ” height for perfect fit in the countertop-kitchen cabinet space
- base is of commercially durable materials (polycarbonate)
- electric specs – 1560 W – 120V, 13 amps,
- you can buy it online on amazon
The PROs – most relevant among the customer reviews:
- had it for almost a year now and instead of going into detail, I’ll just say that I am completely satisfied
- I am a very cautious buyer, I’ve been researching for weeks before I got this blender and I’ve never looked back…
- I thought that spending this much on a blender was ludicrous, until I got it…it’s such a relief to just relax and stop thinking about it anymore, because before this I went through 3 blenders in 2 years and, so far this one seems to be the best by far…
- the smoothest juice blend I have ever seen…
- very easily cleaned…
- the one that arrived didn’t even turn on once, I am waiting for replacement…
- too costly…
- it won’t blend if the ingredients are even a millimeter over the maximum line…
My review resume
Overall Quality Score of 4.8, with one point deducted for the price, says a lot.
After reading so many reviews, I can conclude that the question is not if this blender is the real deal and good enough, but rather if you can afford it.
KitchenAid KSB1570SL 5-Speed Blender
- intelligent motor speed controls
- blades are highest quality stainless steel
- featuring start-soft
- metal base
- Variety of settings for a range of foods
The PROs as per the users:
- works great, just as well as my previous blender that was paid twice as much…
- it’s so powerful, almost too much so, a few seconds overkill and the ice turns into snow…
- very easy to use, easy to clean and works great with everything I tried it on…
- I thought that I was doing a good enough job with my old blender on smoothies…I’m sorry I didn’t get this sooner, a whole other level above my other blender…
- does 90% of the jobs of the models that cost much more…
- light and so far, very durable…
- I am loving the fact…
- my last KitchenAid was worth every penny and I got the most out of it for 10 years and I am a fan of the brand and this one seems just as good so far…
- nicely packed and shipped very fast, it was marked as “shipped” 3 hours after the order on Amazon and I received it the next day…
- looks just great, real eye candy…it’s fair to say that it’s not the center piece in my kitchen…
- mine keeps shutting down spontaneously, I am sending it back for replacement…
With an Overall Quality Rating of 4.6 out of 5, this model will probably do the trick for most of the average household.
My personal opinion is that if you are a person that enjoys a healthy lifestyle and the experience of having the best smoothie/shake possible after your run you are probably better off with some of the high-end models on this list.
But if you are a mom and the “luxury experience’ is not as important as practicality, this KitchenAid will do just fine.
Since 1937, when Fred Waring introduced what he called “the miracle mixer”, the immensely useful appliance went from being renamed to “Waring blendor” and getting into mass production to slowly spreading around the kitchens of the world and becoming a standard in every kitchen that “means business”.
Note about this guide – advantages and flaws
It’s not about bragging but it’s about you when I repeat that this guide is fruit of weeks of research in the first place and bi-monthly updates that take few hours.
I am doing it all to keep the info here up-to-date.
How do I do the updates?
I just go to Amazon, type in blender, choose a category in the right sidebar and then sort the results by average Customer Reviews. I then go in to the individuals pages of the products that are already on my list, find the last review I used for my previous update (I always take a note of that in my Excel sheet) and take it from there.
If there are new arrivals in the top 20 best rated blenders I go to their pages, see if the sample of reviews is big enough and start a new worksheet on them, to see how these perform in the blender “dance-off”.
One potential flaw of my method is that there might be blenders out there that are not listed on Amazon, but I believe that I know the industry well enough to know who’s who among the companies.
It’s also fair to say that everybody who’s anybody is listed there, but do occasionally go out of my way to check if certain companies have something new and exciting to offer.
The problem there is that, most of the time, even if I do find such a product, it lacks in the sample size of user reviews.
I am a firm believer in the method I use, because what better way to rate something than to asses how it’s performing in the real world.
Bottom line – you can hardly go wrong with any of the blender choices you see on this page, but in the end it comes down to your needs, taste and budget.
If this guide is helpful in allowing you, the consumer, to make a better informed decision and a smarter choice, than I did what I set out to do.
A few words to clarify the method of rating the blenders
The rating platform that I am using on the website allows me to rate each of the criteria with a rating of 1 to 5. This results are the rounded Overall Quality Rating numbers.
But using simple excel sheets when I gather data gives me more flexibility:
Example: I read a review and rate a blender a 4.6 in the category of design based on that review. Then I read another one and give it a 4.3…and so on…
This is a more precise description of the method used for the review.
As you can see, the final rating here is not a rounded number, but it might be 4.45. Then I sort the results and pick my winners, but here I present the rating as a 4.5.
Bottom line – the results are simplified for your clarity, but the background process is a bit more complex, and the differences in ratings are often subtle, but you can always be sure that the results (winners) presented here are precise and relevant.
Ok, this way kind of exhausting, my bottom is killing me and I’m going to make myself a nice frozen raspberry smoothie 🙂